Should you Hire a wedding coordinator?
Well, of course we think so! So much time [+ money] is spent planning the special day, deciding on decor, picking out vendors etc. Why not have a point person on the day [that’s not you] to make sure it all goes as planned? Below are a few things to consider when trying to decide if you should hire a wedding coordinator. Our hope is that you E N J O Y your day
[and let us worry about these things for you]!
• How will you keep track of your invited guests, RSVP’s, seating chart and budget?
• Do you need recommendations for outstanding vendors to help with the wedding day?
• In the months leading up to the wedding, how will you know what to do and when to do it by?
• Have you created a layout of the tables, chairs, cocktail area and the dance floor - which completely
utilizes the space and flow of the venue?
• Do you need help creating the overall look of your wedding and deciding on decor?
• Have you secured all the tables, chairs, linens, or other rental items that are needed?
• Have you remembered enough tables/linens for the gifts/cards, desserts, DJ [ceremony & reception], place cards etc.?
• Have you created a “day of” timeline to hand out to your wedding party/vendors?
• Have you made a contact list of all the hired vendors, just in case you need to contact them on the day? If needed,
would you be the one contacting them on the day?
• Who will help get your wedding party lined up and run your rehearsal?
Wedding Day Morning
• Who will distribute + properly attach the corsages and boutonnieres [and make sure this is done in time for photos]?
• Who will set up the decor on the head table and guest tables - including linens, flowers, votives, table numbers, etc.?
• Who will set up the dessert display, including dessert stands and decor?
• Who will set up the guest book + gift/card table decor?
• Who will be setting out other miscellaneous items that you are bringing: place cards, seating chart, guest favors,
bug spray/sunscreen, bathroom supply basket, yard games, kid activities, etc.?
• Who will light or turn on the candles?
• Who will greet vendors, tell them where to go and answer any questions they may have?
• Are any final payments or tips due to vendors on the day of? If so, who will be handing these out?
Wedding Day Ceremony
• Who is in charge of getting the marriage license, unity symbol, programs, rings, etc., to the ceremony?
• Who will be setting up any ceremony entrance and aisle and decor?
• Who will help direct guests to take their seat to ensure the ceremony will start on time?
• Who will queue the music and wedding party to start walking down the aisle to ensure the perfect timing?
• In the case of bad weather, what is the back up plan? Who will help set up the back up plan?
• Who will help move any ceremony decor that will be reused to the reception?
• Do the ceremony chairs need to be moved to the reception? If so, who will help and ensure the correct number of
chairs will be placed at each table?
Wedding Day Reception
• Who will dismiss tables to the buffet?
• Will guest tables need to be moved to make room for dancing? Who will do this?
• Are the desserts being delivered? Who will be setting these out?
• Who will make the coffee and set up the coffee station?
• Who will start the bonfire? Who will set out the s’mores?
• Will you be having a late night snack? Who will set these our [or greet the pizza man]?
• Who will do bathroom checks to make sure they are staying clean [and stocked with tp]?
• Who will monitor garbages to make sure they aren’t overflowing?
• Who will greet your shuttle driver at the end of the night and confirm running times?
Wedding Day Clean-Up
• Who will be taking down + packing up all decor items at the end of the night? Including guest , head table, dessert table
and any other miscellaneous decor brought in?
• Who will be in charge of collecting and packing up the wedding gifts and cards?
• Who will remove any linens?
• Who will keep the reception clean of dirty glassware and remove garbage after the caterer leaves?